site hit counter

[KTE]⇒ Read Free So That Happened A Memoir Jon Cryer 9780451472359 Books

So That Happened A Memoir Jon Cryer 9780451472359 Books



Download As PDF : So That Happened A Memoir Jon Cryer 9780451472359 Books

Download PDF So That Happened A Memoir Jon Cryer 9780451472359 Books


So That Happened A Memoir Jon Cryer 9780451472359 Books

It was a nice quick read but it was kind of funny how he handled his time on Two and Half Men. He provided plenty of in-depth information about Sheen and the rough period that led to Sheen being fired. However, the rest of the crew got little mention beyond one or two bits of information and the actress and actor who played Judith and Herb were not mentioned except stating Herb had been in a movie with Sheen and Cryer. Bythle Danner (the original Evelyn who was fired after the pilot)got more space in the book than anyone on the show except for Charlie Sheen.

If you are interested in tidbits about "Men", you will like the book and since I did not follow his career until "Men" I scanned the book until chapter 23.

Read So That Happened A Memoir Jon Cryer 9780451472359 Books

Tags : So That Happened: A Memoir [Jon Cryer] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. <b>If it can happen in show business, it’s happened to Jon Cryer. Now he’s opening up for the first time and sharing his behind-the-scenes stories in a warmly endearing,Jon Cryer,So That Happened: A Memoir,Berkley,0451472357,Comedy,Entertainment & Performing Arts,Actors - United States,Actors;United States;Biography.,Cryer, Jon,1965-,Autobiography: arts & entertainment,Biography & Autobiography,Biography & Autobiography Entertainment & Performing Arts,Biography & Autobiography Personal Memoirs,Biography & AutobiographyEntertainment & Performing Arts - General,Biography Autobiography,BiographyAutobiography,Comedy (Performing Arts),Cryer, Jon,,Entertainment & Performing Arts - General,Individual Actors And Actresses,Performing Arts Acting & Auditioning,Performing Arts Comedy,Personal Memoirs

So That Happened A Memoir Jon Cryer 9780451472359 Books Reviews


We got to experience a "so that happened" moment of our own when John Cryer live tweeted us during our discussion of his book! To see this fun interesting convo check out twitter #Sothathappened and look at the date July 11, 300 pm- 345 EST.

I am adding in my girl Meri's review because well lets face it she is better with words than I am! )

Jul 05, 2015Meri rated it 4 of 5 stars · review of another edition
Shelves bookclubbooks
I first heard about this memoir from comedian Jen Kirkman, who talked about it on her podcast. Then Cryer himself was on The Nerdist podast, and that cemented the deal. Luckily, bringing it up at a book club meeting caused it to be the next selection - HOORAY! I loved it. Jon's type of wit and storytelling ability is right up my alley. Everything from the early days of his life and career, to the Charlie Sheen meltdown is told wonderfully. I was engaged and laughed out loud throughout.

From all of us at the FBI book club to Jon Cryer - Thank you for a fun entertaining book, and most of all for interacting with your fans!
Funny and poignant.

Fast paced, it felt as if you're sitting and chatting with Jon as he regaled you with stories of growing up in New York during the 1970's and 1980's. How he became the Duckman and eventually Alan Harper.

Before reading this I was a HUGE Duckie fan, and enjoyed watching Jon. Now I love the Duck (of course), but I've discovered a new found respect of Jon and the way he took Charlie Sheen's obnoxious and atrocious behavior, in stride. He rose above and showed what a good heart he has.
I enjoyed Jon Cryer's tale of his life right up to the end. A bit of advice, if you're going to read this and must read the last chapter (Coda) be prepared for a convoluted, unnecessary ending. If you don't like those kind of endings, just skip it, it's only a couple of pages and adds absolutely nothing to the rest of the book. But I must also add that now I adore Jon Cryer (just liked him before), I think he's a smart, caring and very funny guy. I hope the rest of his life will be as good to him as it's been so far, he deserves it.
Really a fan of Jon. I have all of the Teddy Z episodes. Lots of behind the scenes stories and maybe a bit too much for a casual fan but if you are into production it is good. I Have met Jon and this is like talking to him ; I really enjoyed it.
Love John Cryer so this was fascinating book. He tells it well. I never got into Two and Half Men but loved him in Pretty in Pink. He spends several chapters on this movie and his experience at Stage Door Manor, a summer camp for those who want to be in the theater. His experience in Hollywood and his difficultly fitting in was interesting. I wish him well.
Cryer leaves few stones unturned in this engaging trip down 80s-00s lane. Yes, there's the expected PIP and TAAHM fodder, but you can't help but love a guy that also focuses on the debacles of his quick fall from grace. "Morgan Stewart's Coming Home" (not the original title), "Superman IV", "Dudes", and his many pilots gone by are also nicely explored. And so is Demi Moore. And so is this guy's sex life! Yep, you pretty much get all access to Jon's escapades...perhaps approaching an awkward "TMI" level for some, but I survived.

This was perhaps influenced by the fact that Cryer -- though a film and television legend (ok, that's pushing it) -- very much retains an "everyman" status, despite his fame and fortune. You get the sense that despite being something of a high-profile performer, that there was a still an unacceptance, a loneliness to his success. From the stories of people on set, to parties attended and elbows rubbed, that he was never truly embraced by the Hollywood community. Now keeping his nose clean (in a very literal sense, unlike his co-star Chuck "Party Ma"-Sheen) and maintaining a good-ole-boy reputation obviously kept his cache at a certain height, but you do sense a tangible loss in his demeanor because of this. That being squeaky-clean doesn't always lend to better personal results in an entertainment realm. Yes, bland is boring. But this is what drew me in a bit deeper, because that's basically myself -- minus the cameras and money.

But most who enjoy a good backstage pass to anything 80s should gobble this up, as well as turmoil-salivating memoir seekers interested in all the TAAHM circus. Though outside of Sheen, Cryer barely explores his relationship with his other co-stars of that particular show. And the book ends pre-TAAHM conclusion.

Great pictures throughout his life are included.

Plus the guy is a great handshake! (met him after a TAAHM taping a zillion years ago)
It was a nice quick read but it was kind of funny how he handled his time on Two and Half Men. He provided plenty of in-depth information about Sheen and the rough period that led to Sheen being fired. However, the rest of the crew got little mention beyond one or two bits of information and the actress and actor who played Judith and Herb were not mentioned except stating Herb had been in a movie with Sheen and Cryer. Bythle Danner (the original Evelyn who was fired after the pilot)got more space in the book than anyone on the show except for Charlie Sheen.

If you are interested in tidbits about "Men", you will like the book and since I did not follow his career until "Men" I scanned the book until chapter 23.
Ebook PDF So That Happened A Memoir Jon Cryer 9780451472359 Books

0 Response to "[KTE]⇒ Read Free So That Happened A Memoir Jon Cryer 9780451472359 Books"

Post a Comment