site hit counter

[JTC]≫ [PDF] The Golden Calf An Irene Huss Investigation Helene Tursten Laura A Wideburg 9781616950088 Books

The Golden Calf An Irene Huss Investigation Helene Tursten Laura A Wideburg 9781616950088 Books



Download As PDF : The Golden Calf An Irene Huss Investigation Helene Tursten Laura A Wideburg 9781616950088 Books

Download PDF The Golden Calf An Irene Huss Investigation Helene Tursten Laura A Wideburg 9781616950088 Books


The Golden Calf An Irene Huss Investigation Helene Tursten Laura A Wideburg 9781616950088 Books

This is the first book that I have read by Helene Tursten. I've been interested in reading more books that are considered Scandinavian and Nordic crime fiction.
This is a police procedural book with Irene Huss taking the lead in solving the murders of three men that were shot in their homes in the back of their heads. Much of the plot was digging into their background and questioning someone that seemed to be connected to the three of them, Sanna Kaegler-Ceder.
Much of the investigation lead into a big financial scandal with Sanna's company as well as a Ponzi scheme. The suspence moved further in the book for me when Irene and one of her colleagues went to France to investigate the home of two of the murder victims. Add to the tension a man that was there who was trying to stop their investigation by any means possible.
From the plot and the intersting story, I would give it four stars. I would go for five if I thought the characters were more compelling. To me, they seemed to be going through the motions of an investation. That was the reason the novel had an unexpected and flat ending.
Characters would be more compelling by their actions. Irene Huss was a jiujitsu champion but I didn't see much there. Since the book was from a third person point of view following her thoughts, the conflict with Tommy and his marriage on the rocks seemed forced. Maybe more could have been done with that.
I think if I read these books in order, I would have gotten more out of this book but I still enjoyed reading it. Prose was great and was easy to follow. I'm still going back to read the other books.

Read The Golden Calf An Irene Huss Investigation Helene Tursten Laura A Wideburg 9781616950088 Books

Tags : The Golden Calf (An Irene Huss Investigation) [Helene Tursten, Laura A. Wideburg] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Soho’s perennially popular Swedish crime series featuring Detective Inspector Irene Huss—jiujitsu champion,Helene Tursten, Laura A. Wideburg,The Golden Calf (An Irene Huss Investigation),Soho Crime,1616950080,Mystery & Detective - Police Procedural,Mystery & Detective - Women Sleuths,Gèoteborg (Sweden);Fiction.,Homicide;Fiction.,Murder - Investigation,Mystery fiction,Police - Sweden,Women detectives;Sweden;Fiction.,Crime & mystery,Fiction,Fiction - Mystery Detective,Fiction Mystery & Detective Police Procedural,Fiction Mystery & Detective Women Sleuths,Fiction-Mystery & Detective,FictionMystery & Detective - Women Sleuths,GENERAL,General Adult,Gèoteborg (Sweden),MYSTERY AND SUSPENSE FICTION,Monograph Series, any,MysterySuspense,SWEDISH (LANGUAGE) CONTEMPORARY FICTION,Sweden,United States

The Golden Calf An Irene Huss Investigation Helene Tursten Laura A Wideburg 9781616950088 Books Reviews


. As usual a thought provoking tale which combines the dot.com world with the Sicilian influence in a Scandinavian setting. The development of the reoccurring characters is another strength of the author which is why these adventures of Inspector Irene Huss should be read in the order which they were written. Hard to pit down but even more difficult to start another read. Just need to take a break before the mind can tackle another literary journey.
GoodReads seems to have book five under The Golden Calf and Gold Digger! No kindle and yet my pre ordered came through to my kindle! Dysfunction on GRs like this is too frequent. Any way to address these issues?

The book....written in 2004 and only translated 2013! Night Rounds was 1999/2012! The first three books of the Irene Huss series and the TV films are IMHO fantastic. My research shows she has at least six more to be translated.

I thoroughly enjoy reading this writer. She writes so very well that once I get started I really just want to stay within the world of the book! I enjoy Irene and her family, colleagues and the various characters of each story. They all come together and take shape well. The story was good but not exciting as the first three were. Same as with Night Rounds I am curious why these have been released in this order. Night Rounds was really book 2 but released after the first three, this then is book 5!

I am concerned that the writer seems to have chosen to write Irene Huss in REAL TIME so she is now 42 and so many of the earlier components of her life in the early books are changing already IMO too quickly. Worried, because I enjoy reading these books and curious how she will address this or if she will.

A good read but not exceptional. Wish I could rate enjoyment of reading and content of story in two separate ways and it would be four and three!
The latest entrant in this enjoyable series is up to author Helene Tursten's high standards. Latest, I should say, in English -- this first appeared in 2004 in Swedish. Six more Tursten novels about Irene Huss remain to be translated, and she's not the only topnotch Scandinavian with lots of books waiting to make it into English. It's nice to think about all that untranslated mayhem waiting to make it to our shores.

The series is set in Sweden's second city of Gotebrg, and features detective inspector Irene Huss -- a high ranking detective whose smarts are matched by her physical skills. "The Golden Calf" focuses on a group of dot-com entrepreneurs who made it big, but whose affairs are tangled into a murderous mess. Who did what to whom is the key question here -- or is it who will do what to whom?

The main attraction in this series is the central character, Irene. She is very, very competent, but what's most refreshing about her is that she is cheerful (most of the time), happily married (ditto), and a fond if sometimes bemused parent. There isn't much Nordic gloom in the Huss household, a refreshing change from so many in the genre.
Once again (this is the fifth in Helene Tursten's Irene Huss series), the detectives in Gothenburg's Violent Crimes Unit are called upon to investigate another brutal murder. This time the victim is a wealthy restaurant owner who leaves behind a widow (Sanna) who is quite unwilling to answer questions... even after additional men, all known to Sanna, turn up dead. Although Huss and her colleagues are rather sure Sanna didn't actually commit the crimes, they are convinced she knows more than she is willing to tell.

In the past I was quite pleased with Tursten's stories, but this time I felt a tad disappointed. First off, the plot was confusing to me; I had a difficult time remembering who was related to whom and to what extent the different characters had business dealings. Second, I was disappointed that Tursten didn't bring Irene's family into the story so much this time around. From reading the first four books, I am just as interested in her family as I am in the crimes she investigates. Alas, Krister and the twins were hardly mentioned this time.

But even though I can't give this story as high a rating as the previous four, it was surely enjoyable, and there is no doubt I will continue with the series.
This is the first book that I have read by Helene Tursten. I've been interested in reading more books that are considered Scandinavian and Nordic crime fiction.
This is a police procedural book with Irene Huss taking the lead in solving the murders of three men that were shot in their homes in the back of their heads. Much of the plot was digging into their background and questioning someone that seemed to be connected to the three of them, Sanna Kaegler-Ceder.
Much of the investigation lead into a big financial scandal with Sanna's company as well as a Ponzi scheme. The suspence moved further in the book for me when Irene and one of her colleagues went to France to investigate the home of two of the murder victims. Add to the tension a man that was there who was trying to stop their investigation by any means possible.
From the plot and the intersting story, I would give it four stars. I would go for five if I thought the characters were more compelling. To me, they seemed to be going through the motions of an investation. That was the reason the novel had an unexpected and flat ending.
Characters would be more compelling by their actions. Irene Huss was a jiujitsu champion but I didn't see much there. Since the book was from a third person point of view following her thoughts, the conflict with Tommy and his marriage on the rocks seemed forced. Maybe more could have been done with that.
I think if I read these books in order, I would have gotten more out of this book but I still enjoyed reading it. Prose was great and was easy to follow. I'm still going back to read the other books.
Ebook PDF The Golden Calf An Irene Huss Investigation Helene Tursten Laura A Wideburg 9781616950088 Books

0 Response to "[JTC]≫ [PDF] The Golden Calf An Irene Huss Investigation Helene Tursten Laura A Wideburg 9781616950088 Books"

Post a Comment