site hit counter

≡ Read Tony Visconti The Autobiography Bowie Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy Tony Visconti Morrissey 9780007229451 Books

Tony Visconti The Autobiography Bowie Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy Tony Visconti Morrissey 9780007229451 Books



Download As PDF : Tony Visconti The Autobiography Bowie Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy Tony Visconti Morrissey 9780007229451 Books

Download PDF Tony Visconti The Autobiography Bowie Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy Tony Visconti Morrissey 9780007229451 Books


Tony Visconti The Autobiography Bowie Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy Tony Visconti Morrissey 9780007229451 Books

Finally got around to reading this book. I was mostly interested in Bowie but enjoyed getting to know Visconti better. He's had an amazing life. He's a very normal, flawed human and I appreciated his honesty. He didn't attempt to be the big hero. He kept it real. He is also a talented producer and he's had some interesting experiences. I enjoyed reading about many incidents or situations I knew from other books that I could now see through Visconti"s eyes. I would recommend it to any Bowie fans. Tony Visconti and Bowie created some amazing stuff. It's god to hear his view of it all.

Read Tony Visconti The Autobiography Bowie Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy Tony Visconti Morrissey 9780007229451 Books

Tags : Tony Visconti: The Autobiography: Bowie, Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy [Tony Visconti, Morrissey] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. A name synonymous with ground-breaking music, Tony Visconti has worked with the most dynamic and influential names in pop,Tony Visconti, Morrissey,Tony Visconti: The Autobiography: Bowie, Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy,Harper,0007229453,BIO005000,Entertainment & Performing Arts,Genres & Styles - Rock,Biography,Criticism, interpretation, etc,History,Music trade,Music trade - History,Rock music,Rock music - History and criticism,Sound recording executives and producers,Visconti, Tony,70s,80s,Autobiography: arts & entertainment,BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY Entertainment & Performing Arts,BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY Personal Memoirs,BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY Rich & Famous,Biography,Biography & Autobiography,Biography & Autobiography : Entertainment & Performing Arts - General,Biography & AutobiographyEntertainment & Performing Arts,Biography and True Stories Biography: general Biography: arts and entertainment Autobiography: arts and entertainment,Biography and True Stories Memoirs,BiographyAutobiography,Biography: film, television & music,Criticism, interpretation, etc,DESIGN Fashion,David Bowie,David Bowie; 80s; Morrissey; London; insider; music; glam rock; U2; Wings; pop; 70s; glam pop; Thin Lizzy; music industry,Entertainment & Performing Arts,Entertainment & Performing Arts - General,GENERAL,General Adult,Genres & Styles - Rock,Great BritainBritish Isles,History,London,MUSIC Genres & Styles General,Memoirs,Morrissey,Music Genres & Styles Rock,Music recording & reproduction,Music trade,Music trade - History,MusicSongbooks,Non-Fiction,Rock & pop,Rock music,Rock music - History and criticism,SOUND RECORDING AND RECORDINGS,Sound recording executives and producers,Thin Lizzy,U2,United States,Visconti, Tony,Wings,glam pop,glam rock,insider,music,music industry,pop,BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY Entertainment & Performing Arts,BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY Personal Memoirs,BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY Rich & Famous,Biography & Autobiography : Entertainment & Performing Arts - General,Biography & AutobiographyEntertainment & Performing Arts,DESIGN Fashion,Entertainment & Performing Arts - General,MUSIC Genres & Styles General,Music Genres & Styles Rock,MusicSongbooks,Sound Recording And Recordings,Biography & Autobiography,BiographyAutobiography,Biography and True Stories Biography: general Biography: arts and entertainment Autobiography: arts and entertainment,Biography and True Stories Memoirs,Biography: film, television & music,Music,Music recording & reproduction,Rock & pop,Autobiography: arts & entertainment,Memoirs

Tony Visconti The Autobiography Bowie Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy Tony Visconti Morrissey 9780007229451 Books Reviews


A thorough and entertaining account of a lifetime in music. In particular a long and close association with David Bowie. It's full of music and sound insights as well as his work with a who's who of artists. Well written and entertaining.
As a fan of the major artist's Mr. Visconti has worked with over the years I always assumed he was like the artist's and their creations. I really enjoyed seeing him in an entirely different light than I had imagined. Well done and appreciated the objectivity. Congrats on your sobriety.
Well written and very interesting account of Tony's life. If you are into seventies rock, this book is highly recommended. It drag in parts, however, but overall it was a very good read. A few pictures would have also been nice.
A great read....with great stories.Tony has had an amazing life....done some amazing work amd continues to this day...I highly recommend you take the time to read this amazing story about a true American musical genius
Visconti arrived in London during the Summer of Love and went on to become one of the most successful record producers in history. Sadly, he paid a heavy price in terms of family life and three failed marriages. He does a good job of chronicling it all - good and bad.
I really enjoyed the history and stories of Tony's work with Bowie and other international stars but I really appreciate the biography of the man and where he has come from to where he is now (including, not in the book unfortunately, his recent tour with Holy Holy, the Man Who Fell To Earth Tour but maybe he will write a journal of that tour soon). Some of the most interesting "bits" in the book are the insights into creating and recording various albums for Bowie and Marc Bolan and the methods he (Tony) came up with to make the now classic recordings unlike anything that has ever been put to tape. This includes studio experiments and coaching/mentoring his cohorts in creating these classic albums. Enough said. Buy the book and enjoy an exciting ride from Brooklyn to London and beyond for the past 40 years.
As far the writing goes, I'd say that this is the best of the producer bios from the golden era of the 60s - 80's. . I've read the George Martin, Geoff Emmerick, Ken Scott, Phil Ramone books. (Probably more, that I'm forgetting!) While Visconti doesn't have Beatles (my favorites) stories like Martin and Emmerick, he does have lots of other stories involving David Bowie, Marc Bolan, Moody Blues and many others. I wasn't totally aware of just how many other artists he worked with throughout his career. I found him to be very honest and straightforward in his approach. If he criticizes some people, he also criticizes himself just as readily. This was a really good read.
Finally got around to reading this book. I was mostly interested in Bowie but enjoyed getting to know Visconti better. He's had an amazing life. He's a very normal, flawed human and I appreciated his honesty. He didn't attempt to be the big hero. He kept it real. He is also a talented producer and he's had some interesting experiences. I enjoyed reading about many incidents or situations I knew from other books that I could now see through Visconti"s eyes. I would recommend it to any Bowie fans. Tony Visconti and Bowie created some amazing stuff. It's god to hear his view of it all.
Ebook PDF Tony Visconti The Autobiography Bowie Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy Tony Visconti Morrissey 9780007229451 Books

0 Response to "≡ Read Tony Visconti The Autobiography Bowie Bolan and the Brooklyn Boy Tony Visconti Morrissey 9780007229451 Books"

Post a Comment