site hit counter

⋙ [PDF] Free A TailorMade Bride Karen Witemeyer 9780764207556 Books

A TailorMade Bride Karen Witemeyer 9780764207556 Books



Download As PDF : A TailorMade Bride Karen Witemeyer 9780764207556 Books

Download PDF A TailorMade Bride Karen Witemeyer 9780764207556 Books


A TailorMade Bride Karen Witemeyer 9780764207556 Books

Jericho Tucker’s mother left the family for a man who could provide her with fancier things, and it left him scarred. When the new dressmaker, moves into town, he’s sure she’ll be a temptation to the women with her bright colors and fancy clothes. He hope his sister has more sense than to be led astray by pretty trappings.

Hannah Richards is excited for the opportunity to have her own dress shop. However, she can’t understand why the livery owner doesn’t like her. When she agrees to help his sister get the man she's interested in to notice her, Jericho’s real animosity comes out. How can she show him pretty things aren’t evil in and of themselves?

I’ve loved all of Karen Witemeyer’s novels, but this just might be the best one yet. If not, it’s very close. These characters are delightful and so well-developed they’ll stay with me for a while. I really hated to see this one end.

Read A TailorMade Bride Karen Witemeyer 9780764207556 Books

Tags : A Tailor-Made Bride [Karen Witemeyer] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Jericho "J.T." Tucker wants nothing to do with Coventry, Texas's new dressmaker. He's all too familiar with her kind--shallow women <BR>more devoted to fashion than true beauty. Yet,Karen Witemeyer,A Tailor-Made Bride,Bethany House Publishers,0764207555,Christian - Historical,Christian - Romance,Christian fiction,Christian fiction.,Love stories,Love stories.,Texas - History - 1846-1950,Texas;History;1846-1950;Fiction.,1800s; Southwestern United States; Small Town; Friendship; Hardship; WidowWidower; Misunderstanding; Courageous; Compassionate; Fiction; Historical; Texas; humor; humorous; funny; comedy; San Antonio; widow; widower; single parent,1800s;Southwestern United States;Small Town;Friendship;Hardship;WidowWidower;Misunderstanding;Courageous;Compassionate;Fiction;Historical;Texas;1800s;humor;humorous;funny;comedy;San Antonio;widow;widower;single parent,1846-1950,AMERICAN HISTORICAL FICTION,AMERICAN LIGHT ROMANTIC FICTION,Christian - Historical,Christian - Romance,Christian fiction,Christian fiction.,FICTION Christian General,FICTION Christian Historical,FICTION Christian Romance,FICTION Christian Romance General,Fiction,Fiction - Religious,Fiction-Christian,FictionChristian - Romance - General,General Adult,History,Love stories,Love stories.,Religious & spiritual fiction,TEXT,Texas,Texas - History - 1846-1950,Texas;History;1846-1950;Fiction.,United States,FICTION Christian General,FICTION Christian Historical,FICTION Christian Romance,FICTION Christian Romance General,FictionChristian - Romance - General,Fiction - Religious,1846-1950,History,Texas,American Historical Fiction,American Light Romantic Fiction,Fiction,Religious & spiritual fiction

A TailorMade Bride Karen Witemeyer 9780764207556 Books Reviews


I had so enjoyed Karen Witemeyer's book The Short Straw Bride that when her earlier novel, Tailor Made Bride came up for free kindle download, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to read more from this delightful author.

Hannah Richards had dreamed of having her own dress shop. Designing and creating beauty for women is part of the way she has been wired by God. It's more than vanity but about showing forth God's beauty and ministering to the women she interacts with. When she inherits a little building and moves to a Coventry, Texas to start her shop, her dreams are not so easily won. She finds herself rebuffed by the gruff livery owner across the street and at the same time perplexed by his surprising acts of kindness.

Jericho "J.T." Tucker has lived in this town all his life and has tried to help out his friends and neighbors. Not only is he sore over losing the opportunity to buy this retail space he is even more annoyed that it is to be a shop that tempts women to vanity. He clashes instantly with Hannah as she tries hard to establish herself in this town. His concept of vanity and dressmakers is challenged time and again when he sees Hannah reaching out to others in unusual ways. Even more so when she helps his sister bloom before his eyes. Can he give up his prejudice against her career and see to the heart of the woman who seems to have stolen his heart?

The idea of vanity and what makes a woman beautiful is a core theme of this novel, and in many ways, an unusual one. Karen Witemeyer handles this with grace, dignity and a sense of humor. It's a delightful read and challenged me as well as to what really makes a woman beautiful. It's not the clothes she wears but the love, kindness beauty of Christ that shines through her that makes her most attractive. While I knew that - this novel illustrates it to tailor made perfection.
ge Appropriate For 13 and up for romance
Best for Ages 13 and up

Witemeyer has become one of my favorite authors ever since I read Short-Straw Bride. I have had this, her first book, on my kindle for a while but have finally gotten around to reading it. I was not disappointed, even though I think Witemeyer has gotten better.

The characters sparkled in this book. Hannah was sweet and spunky, and a perfect match for kind yet gruff J.T.. Hannah worries her career as a dressmaker will fail in the tiny town of Coventry, while J.T. hope it does fail, as he thinks the fashion world is responsible for many evils in the world. As you can see, the characters have their work cut out from them.

The Christian message in this story was wonderful. Being reminded to see the beauty around us and that God delights in beauty is great. I do think that Witemeyer carried it a bit too far in one part. As Hannah is helping J.T.’s sister attract the attention of the man she loves, she gives a speech about how women need to make themselves attractive to get the attention of a guy, which in Hannah’s mind means helping J.T.’s sister lose some weight. I don’t think it was the author’s intention, but that part came across as saying women can’t be expected to be loved by men unless they are thin.

As always, I loved the setting of this story. 1800’s in a real town in Texas is just so much fun. Getting to read about real towns of my state many years ago is so much fun.

I highly recommend this book to Witemeyer fans, historical fiction lovers, and those who like faith-building stories.
After reading Short-Straw Bride and Stealing the Preacher, I finally got around to reading Karen Witemeyer's debut novel, A Tailor-Made Bride, and, just like the other two books, I loved it!!

The story was so good and had me laughing out loud a LOT! I loved the characters and my three favorites were Delia, J.T., and Hannah. I really liked the secondary romance story, but I wish there would have been more closure with that one...I can't help wondering what happened in the end.

Overall, another fantastic read from Karen Witemeyer! I can hardly wait to read To Win Her Heart and Head in the Clouds (the only books of hers I have yet to read).

If you enjoy historical romance novels, I think you'll enjoy A Tailor-Made Bride. Recommended!

*I did not get this book for review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.*
Jericho Tucker’s mother left the family for a man who could provide her with fancier things, and it left him scarred. When the new dressmaker, moves into town, he’s sure she’ll be a temptation to the women with her bright colors and fancy clothes. He hope his sister has more sense than to be led astray by pretty trappings.

Hannah Richards is excited for the opportunity to have her own dress shop. However, she can’t understand why the livery owner doesn’t like her. When she agrees to help his sister get the man she's interested in to notice her, Jericho’s real animosity comes out. How can she show him pretty things aren’t evil in and of themselves?

I’ve loved all of Karen Witemeyer’s novels, but this just might be the best one yet. If not, it’s very close. These characters are delightful and so well-developed they’ll stay with me for a while. I really hated to see this one end.
Ebook PDF A TailorMade Bride Karen Witemeyer 9780764207556 Books

0 Response to "⋙ [PDF] Free A TailorMade Bride Karen Witemeyer 9780764207556 Books"

Post a Comment